LEADER closed call for Sub Theme 2: Social Inclusion.
Mayo Local Action Group for LEADER invites Expression of interest of (EOI) under Objective 6 of the Local Development Strategy to support strategic interventions to provide services and facilities for young people. The sub-theme which is the basis of this targeted call is for project proposals, focuses on the capital investment in youth clubs/cafes and arts.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- address mental health issues (stress, peer pressure and substance misuse);
- illustrate the need for sustainable and adequately resourced youth facilities;
- help combat racism and the exclusion of young people from decision making;
- improve life chances for young people in rural areas by developing and facilitating access to economic, community and personal development opportunities and by building social capital;
- provides access to safe spaces for young people to socialise, find support and/or get involved in community, arts, entrepreneurial and personal development activities;
- enable the provision of youth clubs/cafés; improved access to ICT and arts-based projects;
- facilitate the involvement of young people in the design, development and management of youth services and facilities
- are in areas of the greatest need or social disadvantage;
- provide for a balanced approach in terms of geography and location; and
- are economically, financially and socially viable.
Overall budget: € 182,694.00
What can be funded?
- Development of a new youth facility.
- Upgrading and or extension of an existing facility (examples include youth clubs/cafés; improved access to ICT and arts-based projects).
What can’t be funded?
- Projects with other sources of available funding.
- Projects that could displace existing facilities.
- Projects that do not display a capacity to meet future running costs for maintenance of the facility and adequate public liability insurance.
- Recreational activities and sports facilities such as skating parks MUGA’s etc.
Who can be funded?
Community & voluntary groups and organisations.
Levels of funding:
|Application Type||Grant Rate||Maximum Funding|
*Higher maximum rates of aid may be applied for community body or applicant up to 90% if the applicant can show that they suffer from significant deprivation and social exclusion [Promoters applying for this level of funding must provide evidence that the project is located in an area of significant social and economic deprivation The use of this aid rate will be carefully monitored and the interpretation of this sub-theme will be strictly applied].
Application process: There is a two stage process:
Stage 1: Complete the “Expression of Interest” form to determine if your proposal meets the objectives of the County Mayo Local Development Strategy and complies with the LEADER Programme Operating Rules.
Stage 2: Applications that are successful at Stage 1 will be invited to submit a full application with the required supporting documentation. Invitation to application stage does not mean that you will be awarded grant aid as it is a competitive process with limited funding.
|1||Compatibility with Local Development Strategy||20|
|4||Need and requirement for project||15|
|5||Innovative, environment and & climate change elements||10|
|6||Social/Cultural/Economic/ Environmental Impacts||20|
|7||Priority Area/Area of Disadvantage||10|
|Note:||A score of 65 is required to progress the project to approval stage. 1-6 must score 50% under each individual assessment criteria.|
EOI Stage 1
Rural Youth Facilities call opens on 18 April 2017.
Closing date for EOIs 12 May 2017.
EOI applicants informed of outcomes by the 17 May 2017.
Application Form Stage 2
Closing date for application form 15 September 2017.
Who do I contact? On the Mayo Islands?
|Comhar na nOiléan CTRfirstname.lastname@example.org